Unlikely Gamers Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go)

5 posters

Go down

Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go) Empty Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go)

Post by PurpleSteve Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:13 am

Demo is out now, here's the link you lazy sods - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000454188ec

Not played it yet but I'll be writing a hands-on for VideogameUK later and I'll post it here if our divine master does not mind Wink

So far I've heard good things, Strybe also said that it's quite easy so all you noobs get on that link and download this shit!

Discuss...
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

http://brokengame.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go) Empty Re: Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go)

Post by strybe Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 am

Yeah it is pretty easy compared to Skate 2, jumps seem higher and you "stick" to grinds and such a little easier. And that's on the normal mode, so drop it to easy and you'll have a midget pushing you round and holding a pillow in case you fall (not true, midgets not included)

It's as good as ever and the online team stuff is great. Will play more later Smile
strybe
strybe

http://www.resolution-magazine.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go) Empty Re: Skate 3 (apparently I have to type 4 more characters to make this a topic header. So, eh, yeah, there you go)

Post by Billy Goodgun Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 am

Can't wait to get back in and start this downloading. But I won't be able to really get stuck in until next week. Sad face. I daresay it's all I'll be playing tonight, though.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by Haly Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:51 am

Easier is good, I'm a noob Razz

Downloaded the demo, just need to get round to playing it Very Happy

Haly

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:53 am

I've not been off it since I downloaded it. It's now just sitting there on the pause screen. Lovely.
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 pm

My first Skate 3 clip, it's a funny one. Go check it out: http://bit.ly/9jiJXF I know I posted this in chat but I'll chuck it here for prosperity Wink
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 am

I don't like Skate 3 so far.

There, I said it.

Every time I start playing the demo, I just think "hmm, I may as well go play Skate 2 again." And then turn off my Xbox in disgust.

But I'll still buy skate 3, self-flagellating fool that I am.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodKnightKS Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Well it is only a demo
BloodKnightKS
BloodKnightKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 am

This is true.

Also, the online options still look pretty amazing. I just wanted some bowls/ramps etc where I could session properly, rather than endless ledges to grind.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 am

Skate is back! I got this yesterday. Early days yet, but everything I didn't like about the demo seems to have been improved for the full game. I am extremely happy!

Okay, so pedestrians are still annoying, and I haven't come across any Megaramps or Fun Tracks yet, but so long as they throw those in, then I think I'm sold Smile

I also love being able to go back to all your challenges and kill them, just like OTS on Skate 2. You can kill challenges first time out, but if you don't manage it (you earn extra board sales for killing), then you're not penalised. There are further sales bonuses for completing challenges online with your mates - SCHWING! Talk about co-op! cheers

Compared to the demo, textures are better, skating feels more responsive, and it's just all-round more polished.

I also accidentally unlocked a secret achievement last night, just for doing something cool that I didn't even know about. Because I am cool.

All in all, it feels like I have a whole new Skate to play - which is exactly what I wanted! I'm itching to get back home and play it tonight, session up with Tommy.

Purple Steven - can you rent it at all, just for the weekend, until your promo copy arrives? YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Fri May 14, 2010 5:05 am

I am going to try, actually. Got some housework to do then I'm going to phone Blockbuster and see if they have any in stock. It would be nice to get some co-op shenanigans in.
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Fri May 14, 2010 5:25 am

Good lad Smile

Alternatively, get Damo to buy a copy, then borrow his until yours turns up! Ha.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 am

He ain't buying it Sad What with yours and saving for the house move he is skint. But in related good news I have got BLOCK-BUST-AAAAAHHHHHHH to save a copy for me until 3, so I should have it and be home by 3 ish.

Hurrah. Let's go carve port Carverton up, brah!
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 am

GNARLY, DUDE! That's so rad.

The live-action opening sequence is kinda odd at first, but it's COOOOOL too. Stick with it. I'll probably be on around 4ish this arvo, maybe a bit later. Tommy won't be home until around half five, I think.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Fri May 14, 2010 5:36 am

Shweet, catch you on the flipside. (see what I did there?)
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 am

And I'll catch you on the darks[l]ide, mo fo.

See what I did there?
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Mon May 17, 2010 7:27 am

This game is GOOD.

You should all buy it. Now.
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSteve Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 am

Like, totally.
PurpleSteve
PurpleSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Goodgun Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 am

When do you have to give your *cough cough* rental back?
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodKnightKS Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 am

when you buy him a copy?
BloodKnightKS
BloodKnightKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum