Unlikely Gamers Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon's Souls

Go down

Demon's Souls Empty Demon's Souls

Post by Billy Goodgun Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 am

Today (Friday 25th June) sees the European release of the cult RPG phenomenon, Demon's Souls.

If you haven't heard of it, you need to change that - go and seek out some links for it. Reviewers will have already explained it far better than my bumbling efforts here will be able to. What you need to know is this: it's punishing. Tough, tough, tough - but also very rewarding. And deep. And punshing. And tough. It basically uses the iterative process of "refinement through death" to teach you the pitfalls to avoid. There's not even really a tutorial, just a guardian monster to the game world proper, I am led to believe, that will probably take you an hour or to to learn how to beat.

Everything I've read about this makes me utterly curious - it sounds completely unlike anything else I've played. Whether I'll like it, I'm not sure, but I'm tempted to find out.

It was released to very good reviews last year, but today I can just walk into Game and collect a copy, rather than import. Hurrah!
Billy Goodgun
Billy Goodgun

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum